These destructive forces include frequent exposure to foods rich in sugar and carbohydrates; soda, candy, ice cream-even milk-are the common culprits. Left inside your mouth from non-brushing and flossing, these materials break down quickly, allowing bacteria to do their dirty work in the form of a harmful, colorless sticky substance called plaque.
- Permits use of minimally invasive treatments without unnecessary preparation - ideal adjunct to air abrasion and micro rotary instruments.
- For the first time, allows the quantification of caries activity over time with a precise and reliable measurement.
- Reproducible results permit checking, stabilization and documentation of caries.
- Ideal device for the hygienist to detect suspicious areas needing further examination.
- Is conservative by avoiding "exploratory" excavation of suspect teeth.
- Extremely accurate diagnostic aid. Proven to be over 90% accurate.
- Early detection of pathological changes that are undiagnosed by conventional examination methods (e.g. initial lesions, demineralization and changes in the enamel, fissure caries).
- No scratching probe: simple, fast and painless examination.
- Increases operator and patient confidence about treatment decisions due to accurate visual and acoustic representation of measured values.
- No x-ray exposure.
- High level of patient acceptance and satisfaction.